The Liebster Award is an award given to new bloggers by other bloggers as a way to support and promote each other in growing their blogs. It’s a great opportunity to build up some connections and maybe even make some new blogger friends and I am so excited to have been nominated by my friends at My Closet and Hers!
1. Post your award to your blog.
2. Answer the questions that you were given from the person who nominated you.
3. Nominate a few new bloggers you’ve discovered.
4. Create 10 new questions for the nominees.
5. Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
Before I start answering the questions, I want to thank My Closet and Hers for nominating me and inspiring me to put forth effort in my style. Without them, I’d be way too content in spending life in my running clothes. Brittany and Christi are two sisters/moms who co-run their personal style blog from separate states.
The fun part of this is that I was nominated by a fashion blog… Get ready to see just how challenged I am in this category. I’m excited to switch it back over to running and nominate some great blogs that I’ve been keeping up with these days.
Questions from Brittany and Christi:
1. How would you define your style?
Ha, oh my. You mean my scrubs? I work all day and then go run so the majority of my life is spent in scrubs and running clothes, but I do enjoy getting dolled up on the weekends.
Sometimes I look like this..
But then a lot of the time, I look more like this
Olivia- “Cute and trendy with a spice of crunchy”
Michelin- “You wear trendy and comfy and bright colors and neat patterns. Like bright boho mixed with comfy shabby chic”
Mom- “Sporty and Sassy”
Hope that cleared things up.
2. Who are your style icons?
This is the hardest question. I wouldn’t hate looking like Rachel McAdams.
3. What is your favorite piece in your wardrobe?
My high wasted Citizens of Humanity jeans. They hold it all in just the way I like it. Mark’s beer shirts are a favorite in his wardrobe so this picture is quite fitting.
4. What is your favorite drink?
Wine, coffee, La Croix in that order. But mainly just wine
5. What is your favorite beauty trend for fall?
Oh, is that a thing? Just kidding. I’m liking the blanket scarf I’m seeing over at My Closet and Hers.. need to get me one of those.
6. How would you describe your ultimate vacation?
Somewhere with vineyards, mountains, a city to explore, and a beach near by. Is that too much to ask? I like being active and exploring, but I also want to drink copious amounts of wine and get a tan. Wouldn’t be mad if there were a bunch of boys around.
7. What is your favorite way to unwind at the end of a long day?
I love going on walks with my sister or reading in bed.
8. What is your favorite color to wear in the fall?
My sister knows me too well… oatmeal. Yes, I’m so Oatmeal.
I’m sorry, I spent 90% of college with a solo cup in my hand.. not proud.
9. What is your favorite season?
I appreciate seasons in general. There is something I love about all of them and of course they all have little downfalls, but I’m thankful for change and to live in Tennessee where we get all four.
10. What is your biggest challenge with blogging?
Putting myself out there. Confession: I had this blog for about 8 months before I worked up the courage to launch it. Crazier confession: I had a blog before this called “Take Heart Marge” for about a year that was never launched due to fear. It took a lot of prayer, grace, and amazingly supportive people in my life to get me here. Sometimes it’s still hard to write the posts about my weekends and I’m not quite comfortable with writing about “what I ate” or “what I did on Tuesday” because there’s a voice in my head that says “who the hell cares?” Recipes and brand reviews are easier because there is no real room for judgement, but it’s a really neat journey and I feel like I’ve already grown a lot from it.
Mary from Minutes Per Mile (okay, so her blog isn’t new, but I love following it!)
Jen from Jen Chooses Joy (Not new either, but always a fun read!)
My Questions for the Nominees:
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- When did you start running?
- What is something that you have always been good at?
- Name 5 things that bring you joy.
- If you had to completely change the direction of your blog and couldn’t talk about running or anything health related, what would you write about?
- What is something that most of your followers don’t know about you?
- Whats the hardest thing for you to write about?
- What’s the strangest or most embarrassing phase that you’ve ever gone through?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- How would you describe your personal style?
Thanks for reading and I can’t wait to learn more about the nominees!