People are always hating on Valentines Day for being a holiday only for couples or a ploy created by large companies to bring in more revenue. This year why don’t we all stick it to our (future) boy friends, girl friends, or spouses and celebrate with our real one true love: dessert. These paleo treats are also made from high quality ingredients that you already love to support so it’s really a defiant double whammy.
I don’t have a huge opinion on Valentines Day. I’m a girl who loves being wined and dined (holllla), so I don’t mind the social pressure that it puts on my boy friend. I skate by with a nice dinner, some extra sweet nothings whispered into my ear, and anything I do or give to him is just supplementary. That was kind of a joke, but looking back at our near 6 years of dating, there might also be some truth to that statement.
This holiday also couldn’t come at a better time for a large group of people that I know and love. The January Whole30-ers are wrapping things up and ready to move on to #lifeafterwhole30. It’s an interesting crossroads where many are slowly reintroducing certain food groups back into their diet to see how each individually affect them, or if you’re like me, B-lining straight to the wine and sweet treats. The problem with that is after the Whole30, you usually find that your taste buds are all kinds of different. You suddenly crave your morning egg hash, want homemade mayo on every entree, and for the first time in your life, you find yourself saying “that’s too sweet.” I can’t promise that this phrase wouldn’t be said in any of these because they are taste so similar to those of their store-bought counterparts. What I can promise is that all are incredibly delicious and made with healthy and high quality paleo (some vegan) ingredients.
1) Strawberry Shortcake By the Primal Palate
2. Vanilla Strawberry and Raspberry Coconut Macaroons by The Urban Poser
3. Chocolate Cashew Butter Swirled Candy Cups by Paleo Running Momma
4. Paleo Valentines Raw White Chocolate Raspberry Truffles by Greens of the Stone Age
5. Paleo Cacao Banana Pancake Muffins by Fresh Fit N Healthy
6. Frosted Paleo Valentines Day Cookies by Youngandrungry
7. Vegan Red Velvet Cheesecakes by Fooduzzy
8. Paleo Coconut Ice Cream- Strawberry Rhubarb Swirl By My Natural Family
9. Red Velvet Energy Bites by Pixel Sprout
10. No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Bars by Eating Clean with a Dirty Mind
Wether you’re single, in an “it’s complicated” relationship on Facebook, or celebrating your 50th wedding anniversary, we all have something to look forward to this February.
Yay or nay to Valentines?
What’s the best or worst valentines day you’ve ever had?
Do you and your significant other do gifts?